Best Poker Software
When playing online poker, many players will look for an edge over the competition by using the best poker software.
These programs run alongside your poker room and give up to date information regarding just about anything you could look for. They can aid you in becoming a better poker player and help you win more consistently if used correctly.
Best Poker Software – Odds Calculators
These tools can show you what the chances of hitting your hand are. This software takes your cards into account and calculates how many outs you have. Even the best poker software will not show you the odds of winning the hand, but it will show you the odds for hitting.
This can be very helpful in learning the basics of poker as far as which hands are good to play. It will also help you learn patience and when to fold terrible hands.
Best Poker Software – Tracker Software
Tracking software can be great tools for players of all skill levels to use. The best poker software will track everything and show you the flaws in your game as well as the strengths in others’. Here are a few examples of how using a tracker can help:
- Poker Skills – This tool helps you find your weaknesses by reviewing hands and seeing where you need to stop betting. It can also show you where you need to bet more.
- Table Selection – After you’ve played for a while, the database will be storing thousands of players’ hand histories. You can use this tool when choosing a table to see if it is full of weak or strong players.
- Decision Making – If you use this concurrently with a HUD you can see your opponents stats and learn if they’re bluffing or not.
- Tracking Progress – Flipping through the hand histories will tell you a lot about your game and which hands to play. Seeing the hands you bluffed on and didn’t bluff on will help you analyze your own faults and strengths.
HUD, or Heads Up Display, is a window that will be open on the same screen as your poker room. Keeping this open will show you important information about your hands and your opponent’s hands. The best poker software can even show you your odds and the pot odds as well.
Best Poker Software – Training Software
If you’re looking for the best poker software and the hand histories, information, and odds alone aren’t helping you get to where you want to be, you might want to consider a training software. These programs go a little more in depth with you. There are two main types:
- Simulation Software – This will teach you through playing. You will play through a variety of circumstances and the software will teach you what you did wrong after the hand. It can even show you during the hand what you should do. This is very helpful when you’re just getting started with poker.
- Coaching Software – This works by using your tracking software data. Upload the hand histories and the software will go through and illustrate the correct moves that should have been made.
Best Poker Software – Strategy Software
Generally used only by beginners, strategy software can be used quite effectively by even the more advanced players. Strategy software is a combination of tracking and odds software that provides some help on the psychological aspect of the game.
Using strategy software will give you an informed look into the odds of your hand versus the other players’ hand histories. This will enable you to make good decisions based on the mathematical aspect of poker but will also show you betting patterns of your opponents. Using this can show you something like: opponent X raises three times the pot when bluffing or sets traps with winning hands.
Online poker may seem hard at first, but using the best poker software can get you started off on the right foot. However, experience will almost always trump technology – no player ever won the main event without playing a few times. It is also important to remember that even though you may have the best poker software, every single one of your opponents may be using similar software to gain an edge over you.